29 November 2021

Leaving Brunei

I haven't posted on ths blog for over a year now, as I retired from UBD in September 2020 and left Brunei in December. Since then I have been living in Melbourne. However, my links with Brunei will continue, as I retain a position as a Visiting Professor at UBD (though how much "visiting" will actually take place is still questionable, with this Covid situation).

In fact, it turns out that retirement is a relative concept, as I still do stuff. I miss the teaching, though I don't miss the grading of exams and student assignments, and I am also grateful not to have to attend meetings. I still write stuff and read lots, so maybe I will continue to post things once in a while, though only some of the topics will be about Brunei.

The thing I miss the most is the forest; so here's a picture taken in Tasek Lama to remind me of that.

.