30 April 2010

Sunset in Limbang

I just went for a brief trip to Limbang, the small town located in the strip of Sarawak (Malaysia) that separates the two parts of Brunei. Here is a view of the sunset over the Limbang River.This reminds me of a picture I took a few years ago in Vientiane (Laos) of the sun setting over the Mekong River.One notable difference is that lots of people were gathered to watch the sunset over the Mekong, with stalls set up to sell snacks and drinks; but only my wife and I paid any attention to the beautiful sunset in Limbang. Even though there are plenty of restaurants along the side of the river, nobody seems to have any interest in the spectacular colours in the evening sky. I guess most visitors to Limbang are more interested in the nightlife that starts later in the evening.